Skip to main content

Annoying Comments People Make When You're Pregnant

I get sick of all the stupid comments people make when you are pregnant for example, '' you have no idea what you are in for'' or ''you will never have a good night sleep again''. No one ever talks about the good stuff that comes when you have your baby and it would be nice to hear more of it instead of being bombarded with negativity.

When I was having a look at some books in a charity shop I had a woman ask me how far along I was, I told her I was 20 weeks and I started thinking oh god here come the annoying comments... But she said to me ''ignore all the stupid comments people make about how bad it's going to get because they are wrong it's going to be the most wonderful thing that is going to happen to you, cherish every little moment you have with them when they are young because they grow up so quick''. I was shocked at how lovely this woman was, I wish people could be more positive like her because they are the comments we need to hear when pregnant.

When we get these comments remember all the amazing things that we have to look forward to, like the moment after you give birth and your baby is placed into your arms. The first time you see them smile or hear them laugh, the first time they say Mummy or Daddy, the times you look at them when they are sleeping and you are just thinking how beautiful they are and you can't believe you made something so perfect.

Stay positive ladies this is going to be a wonderful journey and yes we may have some bad days but it is all worth it, in the end, as they're not young forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Bag Checklist

When planning what to pack in your hospital bag, try to remember you may be not be out straight after you give birth. I packed for a week and after I had my baby I was thankful that I did! Although I was only in for a couple of nights, I went through everything I packed in no time. Birth and after birth is very messy from your waters breaking and postpartum bleeding. Essentials for you:  Two nightdresses - Buy two inexpensive nightdresses, one for labour and childbirth, and one to use afterwards. If you're planning to breastfeed get a nightdress with buttons. Going home clothes - Make sure it is something loose and comfortable. Underwear - You can never have too many. Baggy clothes Maternity bras and nursing bras - If you're planning to breastfeed. Sanitary pads  Toiletries - Tooth brush, tooth pastes, deodorant, flannel and non scented soap. Breast pads and nipple cream -  If you're planning to breastfeed Towel and bathrobe Bottles and formula - Even if you&#

Miscarriage awareness

I am a woman who has lost a baby. I am that 1 in 4. I will not just get over it. I am strong. I am brave. I will never forget. I will raise awareness. I will stand with others. I will not stay silent about it.                                                        My first positive test.                                                           My clear blue digital positive.                        They never gave me a scan picture so I had to take a picture on my phone.